Tailor-made Private Guided Itineraries
Isle of Harris
Tailor-made private guided walking or hiking itineraries can be arranged for up to 18 people.
These can be for a weekend or for any longer period of up to two weeks.
These bespoke trips can be drawn up for anywhere in Scotland: Highlands & Islands, Dumfries & Galloway, the Borders, Inner and Outer Hebrides/Western Isles, Skye, Orkney and Shetland.
We will take you to places you would not have found on your own and our guide will make Scotland come alive to you.
Itineraries can be custom designed and themed to meet your special interest or your educational objectives; for example: whisky and walking on Islay and Jura, walking in the footsteps of your ancestors, history, archaeology, wildlife, literature, culture or geology. You could also choose an itinerary from our holiday programme , but select alternative dates that are more suitable for your party.
We have English, German and French speaking guides for private groups.
- Your guide, who is not only a keen walker but also has a wide knowledge of Scotland: its landscape, history, geology, literature and wildlife. We place a lot of store on being considerate and helpful as well as knowledgeable - if we can possibly do it, we will. References from past clients are available if desired.
- A complete itinerary drawn up in close consultation with yourself. This can include non-walking visits to places of interest, including Glasgow, Edinburgh or Stirling. The itinerary will be flexible in order to take account of weather variations and your own fitness and interests.
- Transport by minibus/car, ferry and (charter)boat from an agreed rendezvous on day 1 to the agreed place where your tour is to end and as required between times.
- Accommodation. We book this for you, taking care to find hotels, B&Bs and guest houses that are individual in character and offer good food, comfort and a friendly welcome. We will also book restaurants, arrange packed lunches, etc. as required.
The details will vary greatly depending on your own interests and other requirements, but the basic charges are these:
- Daily charge for guiding (1 guide for groups up to 8 people, 2 guides for groups of 9-13 people, 2 guides and a driver for groups of 14-18 people).
- Accommodation and meals during the itinerary.
- Costs of minibus(es) and fuel.
- Ferries and chartered boats.
- Entrance fees to the places of interest on the itinerary (e.g. museums, etc).
- Accommodation and meals of your guide(s).
Dryburgh Abbey, Scottish Borders
There is no minimum group size. The maximum is 18.
We have planned bespoke private guided itineraries for family groups, groups of friends, colleagues, walking groups and educational hiking trips for universities and institutes.
Some examples of tailor-made itineraries are:
Download for our private guiding brochure.